by Ari Sherbill
Here is an ad (from today) that a Chiropractor is currently paying good money for. It’s live on Google – the only question is if the money they invest in the ad…is bringing them clients?
Running ads is something every Chiropractor is doing. After seeing thousands of ads, I can tell you that the vast majority of Chiropractors are burning their money away – based on this simple acid test:
For every dollar you invest – are you getting back (at least) 2 dollars?
I challenge you to see if the following 4 ads are generating clients on demand…or just generating revenue for Google : ) Here’s a typical conversation I have with a Chiropractor when evaluating their ad spend:
Me: “How many clients and revenue did you generate from every dollar you spent on ads?”
Chiropractor: “Ummm … not really sure”
Me: “Then how can you say the ad is ‘great’?”
Chiropractor: Well it’s on google and look how nice our website looks!
Ideal Marketing is a science. It’s based on numbers. Not how “nice” a website or add or image looks like. If you’re spending money and not getting more back – that’s just not smart.
Which is why I woke up this morning to write this for you.
It pains me to see well-intentioned, high minded Chiropractors wasting money on activities that not only don’t grow their business – but keep them stressed pulling long hours away from their family and kids.
Here’s an email I just got from a client who runs a 7-Figure Chiropractic:
Wishing there was a way to earn money, help people – and actually spend time with your family.
I can’t tell you how many Chiropractors are in chaos – when a better way is right in front of their eyes.
Again, that’s why I woke up this morning to tell you this secret to have more income, freedom and impact with your work.
It begins with writing an ad that CONVERTS.
You tell me, are these good ads? Maybe GREAT ads?
…maybe horrible ADS?
Most Chiropractors tell me their ads are great because they feel good about them. The ad tells the audience how great they are, how they’re the best and what services they offer.
The only thing that matters is what the PROSPECT says. And they talk with their feet and with their wallet – not based on a “warm fuzzies” feeling of the Chiropractor.
Because if your ad is not directly generating a measurable RESPONSE from your prospect – warm fuzzies mean money burned.
…that eventually leads to a practice of chaos and possible closure in 5 years.
The only way to tell is with my “ROI ACID TEST” which is in 2 parts:
- Does the AD follow the 7 steps of an ad that CONVERTS?
- Does that AD lead to an optimized and strategic NEXT STEP?
In my full training I go more in depth, for now – let’s just take the top ad here:
- Claim of being the #1 Chiropractor in Location
- Call to action (call our office today)
- No benefit to prospect (“Get Well” is a platitude that means nothing)
- No irresistible offer
- No urgency
- Mostly talks about the CHIROPRACTOR and not the PATIENT or their needs
Here’s something obvious that I hope you noticed:
If you pay for an AD – where does it LEAD? In this case, this expensive ad leads to this page when the prospect clicks:
Guess what’s missing here?
I’m sure you’re familiar with the concept of the “Paradox of Choice”. When given too many choices to make – you don’t make a decision.
You’d think by giving a lot of options that liberates the prospect to contact you. The truth is that it cripples them. Just look at how many choices the prospect has in front of them…in seconds:
23 Options to Choose From…CRIPPLES Your Prospect!
The prospect has too many options & way too much small text:
- Request an appointment
- Email the office
- Share on 5 different social media platforms
- Choose from 6 tabs on the web page
- Read small text that speaks in platitudes how great the practice is without specifically articulating the pain the patient is in – or the more specific BENEFIT the prospect will receive by going
- “CONTACT US” – WHY?
There are 5 principles of an ad that generates a direct response from a cold prospect:
- A headline that grabs attention
- Creates interest in the service (or product)
- Creates desire in the prospect
- Has an irresistible offer
- Has urgency to ACT
If you’re Coca-Cola – go ahead and spend $1,000,000 on ads that don’t generate response or direct sales.
If you’re struggling to pay your employees and not spending enough time with your family because you need to “work all the time” – then you need an ad that generates CLIENTS and SALES.
To help you generate clients on demand and get a return on your ad investment, use these 7 proven steps:
- Choose a target market (Tucson residents suffering from chronic back pain)
- Use a Headline that GRABS attention (“Suffering from Chronic Back Pain? Read This Now”)
- Make it feel EDUCATIONAL in nature
- Use CONVERSATIONAL language (not platitudes like “exemplary patient care”)
- Be direct, specific and CLEAR (“Get well and stay well” is not clear or specific)
- Create an IRRESISTIBLE OFFER (free adjustment and massage)
- Have the AD lead to the next strategic STEP to gain a new client (with an optimized landing page. I cover this in-depth in my free training here)
The ad is really a first STEP in turning local prospects into high paying clients. Like being on a date – you don’t ask someone you met in 3 seconds to marry you.
So why “offer” a big sale without taking your prospect through specific steps to first warm them up…before popping the big question : )
If you don’t have a strategic next step after your prospect clicks the ad (or calls your office) – then you’re leaving money on the table. That’s a way of allowing the prospect to leave without walking in the door.
Which is exactly what I teach you in my upcoming class:
3 Steps to Get More Clients. Watch it here, free.
Business Is A Game You can WIN…if you KNOW HOW TO PLAY.
Whoever said running a DC office was hard didn’t know how to play it right. When you know the rules, and know how to score the points, then it’s easier to play and easier to win.
And with business marketing helps you score the points and create the results.
Here are some final rules when marketing for DC practice:
- NEVER do anything that you can’t directly track the results.
- NEVER run an ad a second time that didn’t work the first time.
- NEVER fall in love with your ad.
An ad is only good if it gets results. Period. So don’t fall in love with any ad until you have tested it and know for certain that it generates the results you need and want. And when it does and proves it’s an ad that generates NEW CLIENTS… then go ahead and love it a little, and keep using it until it stops working : )
If you follow the marketing wisdom in this post, I guarantee that you will have the power to transform your DC practice:
To have more money, more freedom and more impact.
Let me know in the comments what ads you’ve been running and how they’ve been performing.
I’m here to help – leave a comment below.
To your greatest impact!